Tuesday 1 April 2014

43-year-Old Woman Beats 2-Year-Old Boy To Coma

WICKEDNESS: Woman Beats 2-Year-Old Boy To Coma  
43-year-old woman identified as Janet Moses was arraigned before a Kado Upper Area Court in Abuja for beating up a 2-year-old boy put in her custody to a state of coma.
One of Janet's neighbours had lodged a report against the accused at the Mabushi Police Station on March 22 and when she returned she saw the woman still beating up the child who already had serious injuries all over him.

In her defence, Janet said it was the devil that made her do it.

"I didn’t know what came over me when I was beating him. I didn’t know it will get to this point, have mercy on me I will not repeat it again," she pleaded with the court.

Presiding over the matter, the magistrate, Mr. Abubakar Sadiq, convicted her after she pleaded guilty to the charge against her and he ordered that she be remanded in prison custody until April 28, pending sentencing.

"I hereby withhold the sentencing of the convict pending when we receive a medical report of the baby from the hospital as he is still in a critical condition," he said.

The convict is liable to an imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years or a fine or both

No comments:

Post a Comment